I am all about gifts being practical for kids. At least some of the gifts.
We don't have much wall space at all in our kitchen. We don't have an office. We don't have a mudroom. We don't have very much wallspace in the hallways, either. So, the little wallspace we have, I don't want crammed full. Having some clear space on a wall is calming to me. And the fridge can only handle so much, too (I only allow the sides to have things on them.)
So. My daughter needs some place to display her artwork. Because I think that having a place to show it off gives kids some incentive to do quality work (that is the 1st grade teacher in me coming out I guess.)
So. I made this Christmas present to go on my daughter's wall in her bedroom. It was easy.
(Oops! I just realized it is upside-down in the picture. Sorry!)
1. Iron and starch the fabric.
2. Use a combination of duck tape and hot glue to attach it to the back side of the corkboard.
It's the same method I used to make this easy and cheap wall art for my little boy's nursery.
I will have to take another picture once it is hanging in place on the wall and put to proper use. I hope she likes it!


No comments:
Post a Comment