Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheap & Easy Produce Wash


When I read this tip in my inbox yesterday, I couldn't help but think "That is perfect for Thrifty Green Thursday!"

It says the best way to wash your fruits and veggies is with a 3:1 solution of water and white vinegar. Mix in a spray bottle, spray the produce, and rinse. How easy!

Maybe I've been living underground because I didn't know this. I've just used water before, but this is super cheap, so I'll have to try it. I want to get rid of any pesticides or nasty bacteria!

If you would like to receive the Ideal Bite daily tips via email, please go here to sign-up.

And go visit The Green Baby Guide for Thrifty Green Thursday!

6 comments:

J mom said...

Great tip!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

This IS way easy! I needed something simple to get me doing this. I'll make a spray bottle this weekend!

Joy said...

What a simple and effective tip! We try to buy organic but I have to admit that a lot of our produce isn't. Until I plant a huge garden this summer and start reaping the organic delights, I'm going to use this wash! Thanks for joining us this week for Thrifty Green Thursday!

Rebecca said...

I have never washed veggies like this, but I could easily start. I have a spray bottle of vinegar and water under my kitchen sink already.

Thanks for the tip!

Sarah said...

I've given you 2 awards over at my blog...be sure to check it out!

Courtney said...

what a great tip!

Courtney
www.cookingupafamily.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails