
If you like baking with apples, you have to try this!
I saw a link to it last week on modobject at home (thanks mod girl!) and just made it today. Though I do have an apple peeler/corer/slicer device, I didn't even have to use it. I just sliced and chopped the apples, leaving on the skin. It was super quick. Then I mixed all the ingredients minus the apples in my mixer. I added the apples last and folded them in so they would stay chunky. I poured the batter into a greased and floured pan, sprinkled some sugar on top (no nuts for us), and into the oven it went. Since it is dark outside now, I don't have a good picture. The cake comes out dark, too. Never fear, it is not burnt, that's just how it looks. Yum!
The recipe does not specify what type of apple to use. Last week Whole Foods had organic golden delicious apples for 99 cents a pound so I bought 7 pounds :) They seemed to work just fine.
I love how simple and tasty this cake turned out. Works for me!
Photo from stockvault.net


5 comments:
yumo!! I'll have to save this link! Thanks for sharing!
Hello there, came over for a quick visit and you can use any kind of apple in this cake! YUMMY isn't it?
I even tried it w/pear, see my post tomorrow :))
Oh I can't wait to try that - I hate peeling and I was going to get one of those gadgets but I didn't want it to take up more space in my kitchen. Thanks for the great link.
This sounds really simple...thanks!
I'm adding this to my list of things to try! I just bought a bushel of apples (is that right? it was 38 lbs) from my co-op for under $25...a great deal, but now I need to use them before they ROT!
Post a Comment