Monday, October 6, 2008

Dump Truck Tote Bag


Our little neighbor had his 3 year old birthday party on Sunday. For his present, I had found him a magnetic board that was a construction site and came with magnets of all the trucks and apparatuses so that you could create your own scene. I thought it might be good for quiet playtime? Anyways, I wanted something else related to go with it that wasn't just another plastic toy.

I knew that we were going to be decorating tote bags at my moms' group last week. I planned ahead and decided I would make a bag for our little neighbor boy with a dump truck on one side and his initial on the other. I followed the steps for no-sew appliques and prepared my materials at home.


At the moms' meeting, I just put the pieces together like a puzzle (see top photo) and used the iron-on tape that was provided to adhere them to the bag. However, when I got home, I reinforced most of the edges with hot glue.


I hope he likes his personalized tote bag. I think his mom will, at least. I figure little kids can never have too much storage.

1 comment:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I love this idea--- I would like to do this for my little guy--- can you tell me more?
Where did you
get the magnetic pieces ?
and did you use
them to make your pattern?
Thanks! you can reach me via
www.frogparenting.blogspot.com
or
frogparenting@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails