It has come to the attention of the Institute forAgriculture and Trade Policy to get the truth out there for the people. I don't know about you, but I am much more likely to believe a study done by the government than a study done by a company who is trying to keep their good name. I think it would be wise for all of us to take a look at their very helpfulinformation. It is already in a ready to print, PDF form: SmartPlastics Guide. Take a look and see what you think for yourself.
Thanks, Mandy.
I also found a wealth of information just by looking up “plastic” on Wikipedia.
True or False?:
Plastic is made from petroleum.
True.
So. Is there a "good" plastic? When it saves and improves lives, ok. When used with food, in my opinion, no.
Do I still buy food in plastic packaging? Yes, of course, I don't make my own cottage cheese. Yet :) The best I can do right now is try to stay away from styrofoam, polycarbonate, and PVC, recycle what is recyclable, and be sure not to heat food in any form of it.


1 comment:
Thanks. I am glad you found the article helpful too.
Post a Comment