I'd always liked this felt garland and wreath, so those were my inspiration.
I gathered supplies I already had:
- felt
- burlap
- ribbon
- scissors
- wire and wire cutters (hub's from the garage)
1. cut squares of burlap and felt
2. cut the wire
3. string the squares on the wire (the wire was thin enough that it easily poked through)
4. twist the 2 ends of the wire securely together and cut off the excess wire
My original intention was to make a mini-wreath, but I ended up not really leaving a hole in the middle.
5. tie on a ribbon for hanging
I made it one evening between dinner and bedtime while my husband played with the kids. He said it looked kitchy, but I told him that was the point .
Guess what? It was the one ornament "stolen" from it's original owner during the gift game. I wonder if that is for a good or bad reason?
PS - THEN, I was really proud of myself when a week or two later, I saw that Meg from Whatever did an almost identical craft with her kids. I think I acutally said, "Nuh-UH!" when I read her post. Great mind think alike, right? :) Ha ha, I am no where near her level of craftiness.
This sort of thing would also make a cute embellishment when wrapping a gift. If you are the sort of person who has the time to make gift wrap embellisments :)


No comments:
Post a Comment