Here we go...
A sample of my personal a-typical dietary evolution:
- Switching from skim milk to whole raw milk
- Eating more red grassfed meat than white meat
- Avoiding vegetable/canola oil in favor of unrefined coconut oil
- Shunning HFCS in most situations
- Consuming butter, not margarine
- Eating cheese in abundance, and eggs, too
- Paying NO attention to calories or "points"
Ok, I got the results of my health screening this past week.
The good news: In one year, my LDL dropped more than 60 points with no medication.
The bad news: My LDL is still high on the charts.
The bad news: My high cholesterol is hereditary, and has always been high, so there is likely only so much I can do.
The good news: I don't care.
The good news: My HDL rose 20 points!
The good news: My cholesterol ratio is now decently normal.
The good news: My fasting glucose and triglyceride levels are normal.
The good news: My bodyfat percentage is in the healthy range (on the upper end, but still there). My waist circumference is healthy, too.
The good news: My blood pressure is normal. (This improved when I changed jobs when I had kids.)
The good news: I don't have metabolic syndrome.
I am not the picture of perfect health; there are lots of things I can do better. There are lots of things that are already deteriorating and will continue to deteriorate as I age (a little depressing, huh?) Also, I realize that ulitmately, our health and lives are not in our own hands. This stuff just fascinates me at times, so I'm sharing. Humor me.
Back to the cholesterol issue - the main issue of mine...
My curiosity makes me wish I knew whether the majority of my LDL was the fluffy (harmless) kind, or the dense (harmful) kind, but the screening I had didn't test for that.
I think I shared this before, but this video pairing is quick and informative, and worth watching if you have cholesterol concerns, so here it is again. I highly recommend it.
Part I
Part II
What do you think??
Here's what I have to say...
I love you, saturated fat! :)
I will get screened again in the spring. Hoping for good results, again.


No comments:
Post a Comment