...if you do in fact Christmas shop?
Here's my list for this year. It is not glamorous at all. I kind of wish it was more unique/local. Oh well.
Stores I regularly go to anyways:
Target
Costco
HyVee
From home:
Amazon.com
Kohls.com
NickisDiapers.com
HarryandDavid.com
Specialty stores:
Gary Gribble's
City Limits
Mostly for stocking stuffers and giftcards:
JoAnn
Wally world (ugh)
Dollar store
Walgreens
How is it going with the to-do list? OK. I bought cards and stamps. I have a plan written down for the next two weeks: what store to stop at on what day and what I am stopping to get. That should be helpful, right? Of the original 15 people I had to buy for (which got cut to 12 - we mutually decided not to exchange with some family members), I am down to 8 gifts left yet to buy. And I *know* what I am buying for 7 of them. After that, it is just stocking stuffers. I don't feel like it, but I guess I am making progress. I really want to beat my goal and be finished before Thanksgiving!!! I think it is possible with the exception of 2 gifts, one of which will be purchased online. Here's to avoiding the holiday shopping crowds!
When do you set up your Christmas tree? I am thinking of doing it earlier this year to allow us to enjoy it longer.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
We mostly shop at Amazon, with at least one big trip to Barnes & Noble, and one or two trips to the mall, preferably in the late evening hours. We almost always get books for all of our nieces and nephews, which their parents seem to appreciate since they already have enough toys!
We don't put up a Christmas tree anymore, because our cats kept knocking it down. Even though we weren't using breakable ornaments, it was just too much to keep putting it back up again. Maybe someday someone will invent a cat-proof tree! For now I string a garland with lights and stretch it from the staircase landing to the chandelier, and I hang some of my favorite ornaments from it. I call it our "one-strand Christmas tree"!
We'll probably do most of our shopping on Amazon.com. I earned a gift card through mypoints and swagbucks to use towards shopping (every little bit helps).
My husband and I will probably make a day of going out to Target, Toys R Us, and maybe Hobby Lobby to pick up stocking stuffers.
I'm trying not to think too much about everyone else we need to find gifts for still. Presents/gift cards to get for 6 family members, something for my husband, and 2 quilts to complete as well.
We'll probably set up our tree after Thanksgiving Day. I'd like to pick up a couple little table top trees for the kids' rooms too.
I walked through all of the Christmas decor at CostCo today and stressed about Christmas shopping for the first time. It's crept up on me suddenly, and I have a strange impulse to start and finish shopping before Thanksgiving. This is not normal for this non-domesticated person, but it has become an official goal.
I appreciate you posting about it, because it makes me feel more normal. :)
I tend to shop wherever I need too. I have tried the last couple of years to shop online and find free shipping deals. I really need to get a plan together!
The tree will go up the day after Thanksgiving! I can't wait. It will, and I stress MUST, come down the day after Christmas or as close to as possible!
A great gift idea or stocking stuffers for family, friends, and co-workers, the new fantasy novel, "Gateway to DreamWorld," has been receiving rave reviews.
During the cold months ahead, they will curl up in a warm blanket or in front of the fireplace and enter a fantasy world filled with excitement and suspense.
The book is listed on Amazon.com, Barnes&Nobles.com, and Powell’s Books.com
Post a Comment