With some downright cold temperatures this past weekend, I was in the mood to bake, so I made some Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. (I like to think this recipe is a bit healthier than the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that are so divine.)
I made this batch with mostly whole wheat flour and the organic sugar for the white sugar. With the spices and the raisins, they are still sweet and with lots of flavor! You can bake them on the shorter side, to be soft and chewy, and the longer side to be more crispy. They are great either way.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal, quick-oats or old-fashioned, uncooked
1 cup raisins
Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Adds eggs and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and pour into creamy mixture. Mix well. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.


1 comment:
So I saw this last night and was thrilled to find I had everything needed to make them! They are so yummy!
Post a Comment