I made some awesome blueberry pancakes and homemade syrup last night. Thanks, mom, for picking blueberries for us!
I've tried the Soap Nuts once so far. They do get stuff clean, but I'm not so sure how well they work on spots/stains, yet. And we need something that works on spots/stains in our household. We get quite dirty.
I've been going through Swagbucks for my internet searches for a few months now (though not rigoriously) and just turned in some swagbucks I'd earned for a $5 amazon giftcard. I added the swagbucks widget to the very bottom of this blog. If you are interested in signing up and earning giftcards just for doing your normal internet searching, too, I'd appreciate you using it!
I don't understand why people hate the Baby Wise book. I am reading it for the second time in preparation for this baby. I didn't follow it to a "t" last time, but it definitely helped me. Nowhere in it does it say it is the only way to raise a baby. In my opinion, I think it should be required reading for all new parents. I'm not saying everyone has to follow it (I didn't, completely). But I think everyone should at least have the information in their heads to know what is possible. That's just my two cents.
I made the Fruit Leather last week using pureed fresh strawberries with a tad bit of lemon juice. I used the 3rd method listed for drying it. The parts that turned out weren't bad, but it was tricky to dry it out. I had to do it for longer than it says to. Some of my edges burned and yet the centers were not dry enough. I felt like a wasted a good portion of it. I did 3 pans. Perhaps my puree was too watery or I should have tried one of the other methods at a lower temperature. Also, some of my plastic wrap melted, which is scary. I think parchment paper would be the better option, as in Laura's recipe. So, it wasn't a total failure, but I think I'd rather just eat the fresh fruit next time!
And by the way, all the healthy snacks from the snack exchange were delish, but I think these Crispy Cheese Crackers were my fav!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am a huge fan of Baby Wise. I was a complete Nazi with Ryan, he fell right into a routine and all was well with the world. I was more flexible with Kaylin, partly because she was working into an already established schedule but she also did great. I realized that I could enjoy my baby occasionally falling asleep in my arms without fear of her needing me as a sleep crutch 100% of the time.
We'll see with #3. I'm already a little stressed about working feedings and naps into the Kindergarten shuffle!!! But moms have been doing this for generations, so I guess I'll figure it out.
But still...long live Baby Wise. There are some amazing gems of information in that book!!!
I'm very late commenting, but I've raised both my girls on Baby Wise after someone recommended it to me while pregnant with the first. Both were sleeping thru the night by 8 weeks with very little effort. I had no idea of all the controversy surrounding the book.
Then, I found it on a Baby/Mommy website. I was sort of shocked because everything the people who were against the book said that it said, it didn't say or they were taking it completely out of context.
So I'm a fairly firm believer that most people against the book have never read it.
Baby Wise—it is because of you that I've been sleeping at night for the last 2 years!
Post a Comment