We (ahem, my husband) lost my daughter's good Born Free sippy cup at the park a month or so ago. I have a cheapo polypropylene #5 (deemed safe) plastic one that my daughter has been using since then.
I had been wanting a Klean Kanteen sippy cup for her, though, ever since she started on a sippy cup. Here are my reasons:- I just don't love plastic, even the Born Free ones. I don't feel comfortable with them for long term use. I don't like to think of the liquids sitting in plastic or the plastic breaking down after many washes.
- I figured she is going to be using a sippy cup for awhile. I'd rather have one good one than several that I don't like.
- We had some extra b-day money... so I ordered the Klean Kanteen.
There's my justification for it. :) So now she has one good one, and one cheapo backup. Maybe that's neurotic, but I feel good.
If you're interested, read more about my favorite baby bottles that I used or on why I like to avoid plastics.
FYI-
I ordered my daughter's Klean Kanteen sippy cup from ReusableBags.com where it was on sale for $16.40 and used coupon code f70838 for 20% off. With shipping it was $18.07. I thought that was a decent deal since they are usually $19.95 + shipping. I think the plain one was on sale because they've introduced the colored ones, now.
Now my husband and my daughter both have their own Klean Kanteens. I am using my beloved glass Voss water bottle until the lid wears out... and then, who knows?


No comments:
Post a Comment