Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Favorite Summer Shoes

I love cute shoes.  Who doesn't?  But for my everyday shoes, when push comes to shove, utility wins out over pure aesthetics.  (I'm on my feet a lot for work.  It's a super casual, jeans and t-shirt work environment.)

Last summer, my go-to footwear were these Reefs.


They were the best $25 I've ever spent on flippy-floppies.  Completely worth it.  Possibly the most comfortable set of footwear I've ever owned.  Why did it take me so long to get some?

A few weeks ago, in my search for some "comfort" summer shoes in the "brown" category, I purchased these Sanuks.


I love that they were made to be worn barefoot, so hopefully they won't get super stinky.  They run big.  I typically wear and 8 and 1/2 for dress shoes, 9 for regular shoes, and 10's for running shoes.  Yes, I have long, skinny feet.  But I wear an 8 in these Sanuks.  So far, I am loving them, and the jury is still out on if they will bypass the thongs for the title of "My Favorite Summer Shoes".  I'll keep you posted.

What are your favorite shoes?  For any reason or season....
Everybody likes a good shoe recommendation.  At least I do!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Unrelated to the shoes but we tried the brainless muffins and were surprised at how tasty they are. My husband is not exactly into the whole health food thing but he actualy loved them. I might try it with bananas next!

Carrie said...

Ok the iPad changed grainless to brainless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails