Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2 New Costco Finds

I was excited to get two new things at Costco yesterday.  I had been hearing about these things, but had yet to find them at one of our local stores until now.
  • Nitrate free bacon
  • Premade, refrigerated, cook-them-yourself flour tortillas
I really don't know that these items are any better for you than the conventional items, but here are my reasons for trying them:  Nitrates are on lists of food additives to avoid.  These tortillas have 5 ingredients and no hydrogenated oils.  So I feel pretty good about giving these new goodies a shot.

And, sheesh, does anyone else pay 9+% sales tax??

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Our taxes were just raised 1% to 9.3%...it seems like a HUGE jump to the bottom line of all of my receipts. Plus AZ just started taxing for food.

Can't wait to see my tax dollars hard at work...

Emily said...

Wow, that plus tax on food for the first time would be a shocker to the budget! Is that an upside - that we've been taxed on food here as long as I remember and so I'm used to it? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails