I saw this recipe in an article about a berry patch, and it looks enticing to me. Cream cheese, blackberries, and graham cracker crust? Right up my alley. Let me know if you try it!
Blackberry Cream Cheese Pie
8-inch graham cracker crust (I like this recipe.)
Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces whipping cream
Topping:
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
3 cups blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
dash salt
To make the filling, mix the first 3 ingredients until smooth. Beat in whipping cream for 2 minutes. Pour into the crust.
Combine the cornstarch and water to make a paste, and stir until the lumps dissolve. In a saucepan, combine the paste, berries, sugar and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and bubbling and the syrup is clear. Let cool, and then pour over the cream cheese filling. Chill several hours before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I made this last night, blackberries are my husband's favorite. I added some raspberries as well. It was excellent. Thanks for sharing. Easy to make as well.
Post a Comment