Friday, April 16, 2010
Friday Afternoon
When I came home there were ants in the kitchen! That's a first for me. Just a handful of tiny ones, traipsing across the floor and up the cabinet and across the counter by the sink. Drowing them in vinegar spray and putting chili powder at the point of entry seem to be keeping them at bay. Hopefully it holds.
I want to try some fresh cow's milk to see if we even like it. There are three sources in the area, and I am on the waiting lists at two of them, and waiting for it to come in at the other one. It is really difficult to come by! My husband doesn't think he will be a fan. I'm not too sure, either, but I am curious.
For my local friends, Whole Foods has ground beef on sale for $2.99/lb. (normally $3.99/lb.) through the 27th. So if my past experience holds true, you can get it for $2.50/lb. if you buy 3 lbs. or more - and you can still ask them to package it in 1 lb. packages if you like. It is not 100% grassfed (which has more nutrients, and is my goal), but it is still much better quality than the typical grocery store meat and you can tell. I am tempted, because that is a good price. Just thought I'd share this tidbit because some people have asked me about it.
If you haven't already, just leave a comment on this post to enter my giveaway!
I'm going to try my second attempt (hopefully just as successful as the first attempt) at homemade oatmeal bread tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I will take photos this time.
Why does it seem like I always get a cold when the weather and seasons change? I don't think it is allergies.
Ok, nothing really new or exciting, I just wanted to post something. Guess ordinary is a good thing sometimes.
Hope you enjoy the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I hear you on the cold thing! Everytime the weather changes, I do and everyone tells me it is allergies- it isn't! It takes the 10 day course and then is gone. I just finished my change in weather cold. Hope yours clears fast. I wish we had a whole foods near us. Our closest is 45 min. away.
Carrie
Last time we had ants, I used a mixture of baking soda and powdered sugar (can't remember the ratio) and it worked to rid our house of these pesky creatures. Good luck!!
Thanks for the heads up on the beef at Whole Foods. Let me know what you think of the fresh cow's milk. I am curious too!
Post a Comment