The kids and I made a quick visit to Price Chopper to hit the last day of the sale. (The chicken was the main attraction.) After getting to the car, I realized I forgot to pay for the Old Spice - it was under the infant carrier - so back inside we went. Anyways, here's what we bought:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1.88 lb. = $2.80
1.88 lb. = $2.80
1.93 lb. = $2.88
White seedless grapes
2.46 lb. = $2.44
Kraft ranch dressing = $.99
Sliced water chestnuts = $.79
Old Spice gel solid = $2.29
Total before tax = $14.99
Saved = $19.06, 56% off regular price (without using coupons!...)
The chicken was on sale for $1.49/lb. and the grapes were $.99/lb. That's why we are having chicken salad this week! :) But we won't use it all, some will stay in the freezer. The ranch I just bought on a whim because it was a great price and we will always use it (condiments are one thing I am being lenient on as far as eating "healthy" these days with the baby and all - I don't have as much time in the kitchen). The water chestnuts are for a future dish, and the antiperspirant I decided to pick up for my husband since it was $.70 off and a decent price. It will save me a trip to Target or Wal-Mart if I can manage to stay stocked up on the deodorant, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.


No comments:
Post a Comment